Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More to the Story

The hummers are slurping up more than two quarts of  "juice" a day!  Every time I look out, one of the feeders is empty.  Their tummies can't be that big...where do these tiny birds put it all?

Linda insists I tell an additional part to the story of the fiasco of changing the fuel filter on the lawn tractor, as if I needed more embarrassment.  While Dennis was rescuing me as I held the gas line closed, he said he'd forgotten to bring a jack knife to cut the hose.  I told him I was not inviting liberties, but if he would reach into the right pants pocket of my bibbies, he'd find such a knife.  I have to laugh even as I write this, remembering that we did not look at each other while he gingerly felt his way to the bottom of the pocket, first pulling out a ten-dollar bill and finally the knife.  Linda said you know you're seventy when you have to tip first for such service.  I wonder now if that's what Dennis meant when he said I'd made his day.

2 comments:

Linda Cox said...

STILL giggling about ths story. Fiasco is not what I would have tagged it with though!

Kathryn said...

Well now I can see the full picture. That turkey yesterday had heard that you were a libertine, and he thought he'd jump to the front of the line. But I guess Dennis didn't tell him that since God did not bless him with hands, he couldn't get his tip!