Sunday, June 20, 2010

Reality Speaks

I almost deleted this morning's post, but decided that if I were to give an accurate picture of life at Farview, I'd best show it, warts and all.  Sometimes I am struck by the lonelies.  Sometimes there is more work than I can face.  Sometimes it does hurt to miss and to miss out.  These times are infrequent and they pass quickly.  All of these things are not isolated to the farm, nor to me, but they happen.  My list, when I count my blessings, is long and rich.  I chose this lifestyle, and I would choose it again in a heartbeat.  The animals greet me with enthusiasm, whether I'm feeling blue or not.  I have a reason every day to get up and get going.  I have health that allows me to, albeit slower now, tend to that which needs doing.  I'm on no one's schedule but my own (and nature's).  My family lets me know in more ways than I can count that I am loved, and my friends are just that...my caring, loving friends. 

Before going to the barn this morning, I got a lot of watering done, and more after coming back to the house.  The floor in the barn is finally drying, and I'm able to rake up buckets of the little pellets every day now.  After the NASCAR race (during which I broke down and dusted the living room), I moved a lot more brush over to the burn pile.  It's almost ready for phase three.  Sitting on the front porch in the late afternoon, sweat drying, the mountain was generous with the peace she bestows.  I know what a fortunate woman I am.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Warts and all are what life if all about, and you are one "Jackie-of-All-Trades" to be admired...from the farmer to the mechanic to the animal caretaker to the writer to the gardener to the "heave-hoer!" My hat's off to ya, Goat Lady!! We should all be so lucky as to have a friend like you! Thanks for continuting to share your life.