Friday, September 9, 2011

V Is For...

Vicissitudes and Vagaries...just because I like the words...simply Variations on yesterday's theme of the peaks and Valleys of life, the changeability that certainly maintains interest.  The only thing that I'm sure of today is that it is going to be hotter than yesterday.  Of course it is...company is arriving this evening.  Coming from Seattle where everyone runs outside to see the phenomenon of the sun shining in the sky, my friend is going to melt like a marshmallow in the microwave when she lands in Sacramento.  I misspoke.  I'm also sure I won't get everything done that needs doing.  I move a lot slower in the heat.

In town (briefly and under duress) yesterday, I pumped a half-tank of gas in the truck.  Good grief!  Computing how many pre-tax hours I would have had to work to pay for that purchase alone set me back on my heels.

Twenty-Two is the small monkey wrench thrown in the daily system in the barn.  I can't leave the lid off the feed barrel that is his launching pad because it would be filled with mice in no time, so he pops out of the nursery stall like a jumping bean and is constantly underfoot.  Letting the big goats and Poppy in and out is getting complicated.  Twenty-Two only has another couple of weeks on the bottle; once weaned, I can let him out in the big pen with the does and maybe this madness will stop.  Or not.

Vascillating, while it's still dark and cool, between writing and working, my conscience has finally gotten the upper hand and I'm going to go dust something.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Well all I can say is....make sure you dust something that you guest will SEE - not something stupid like a lawn mower!!!

Kathryn said...

"your" guest, that is!