Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Z Is For...

Z...hmmm.  Zounds!  I'd hate to come up with a Zero now.  One would hope to be at the Zenith, not the nadir.  There should be enough material in this Zany Zoo for one more bowl in the pot of alphabet soup.  Zealous in following my own rules, only flipping through the dictionary once and that, surprisingly, for S, each letter has almost Zipped into mind with its own inspiration, although some ZigZagged on their way.  Just having filled the feeders again, I guess I'll have to settle for the Zoom and Zing of the hummers.  I said at the start that I'd ride this alphabet pony and see how far it would take me...and here it is...A to Zed.  Good pony.

It being Tuesday, I beat the trash man to the corner, and so the day begins.  I have to find homes for some of the Silkie roosters.  There is one in particular who crows incessantly all day long.  I'm sure he'd be happier with his own harem.  The little Silkie girls are getting no rest at all.  In the big chicken pen last night, Pick-Me-Up Peggy ran to my feet.  "I'm here!  Don't forget me!"  What with the storm the night before and a somewhat erratic schedule, I've been a little late putting the kids to bed and she missed her bedtime cuddle.  I find that so endearing.

It's back to business as usual.  I shall try to find that Zen-like state of mind.  (One more kick from the pony!)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

My aunt couldn't bear to have my less-than-comfortably-mobile uncle refill her 4 humming bird feeders constantly when she was away, so their welfare food stamps were cut off abruptly during her 4 day trip, and when she called home, she comically asked him if they had fallen dead out of the sky. Poor little guys. She HAD discovered that she has been spending $45 a month on sugar to feed their sweet-tooth addictions (ok, maybe it's not really an addiction to them...just actual food), and has decided to re-install only 2 of the 4 feeders, as some really do hang around during the winter and the poor little Z-ingers need SOMEthing!! I have LOVED the alphabet soup - sorry to see it go, but I know there will be something else as yummy in its place.