Monday, January 9, 2012

Tired

Standing in the kitchen for days, going up and down stairs not climbed for years, going to bed late (and getting up in the night with Bessie).  I was tired and suffering from post-holiday letdown.  That's the only excuse I have for committing a huge social gaffe last night.  I completely forgot that it was Judy's Tenth-Year cancer-free party.  I was already in my nightshirt and just waiting for eight o'clock so I could go to bed when she called.  Even then it didn't click in and it wasn't until she asked where I was that I got that sinking feeling of realization and was overcome with embarrassment.  It was the best reason for a celebration and certainly not a party I would have missed for my friend.  I hang my head in abject shame for such a blunder.

Coming back up from putting the goats to bed last night, I was struck by the phenomenal glow around the rising full moon.  The night before, on my many excursions out with Bessie Anne, the moon was so bright that I didn't need to click on my lighted cap to see my way around the drive.  The moonlight washed out the stars.

I think Bess was as tired as I.  We both went to bed early and slept through the night.  Now I'm up, and she's snoring behind me on the bed.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Congrats to Judy...and maybe you can take her out for a nice Chinese lunch to celebrate one-on-one. Great picture of the glorious moon - thanks!