Friday, May 18, 2012

More Perqs

Another perquisite of procrastination:  what with weather and one thing and another, I have not yet replaced the gnawed panel on the goat barn door.  The girls waiting their turn might occasionally poke their head through to see how things are progressing on the milking stand, but have stopped trying to force their way in.  The benefit to me of the gaping hole is that it allows a welcome cross breeze on hot days.  I may just hold off on that repair until the rainy season comes again.

I discovered a perq of a different sort this week.  It seems that in some cases one's eyesight gets better with advancing age.  After thirty-odd years of wearing bifocals, I now need glasses only for reading.  Following the optometrist's advice, I bought half a dozen pairs of "dollar store" glasses and sprinkled them throughout the house so I don't have to hunt when they're needed.  That's pretty cool.  I've had to adjust my routine, however, since reaching for my glasses was one of the first things I did in the morning.  I also have to get used to seeing my face without frames (eek!). 

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I bet your face looks "purdy" without frames! And yay for cross breezes. Maybe your "patch" when you need it, can be removable as I know you can bake down there when it is hot outside. You certainly are elevating procrastination's reputation!