Thursday, September 19, 2013

Addendum 2013

I just made an amazing discovery.  Blogspot gives me basic statistics:  how many "hits" per day, week, month, year, and total, their internet sources, and from what countries, but not who (I always wish I knew the "who").  Lately I've noted some of the hits are on "Gammy's Bed," an entry written in February 2011.  Much like Khayyam's moving finger that, having writ, moves on, I rarely go back to read prior entries.  But, curious now, I went back to read that bit and discovered a "comment" written just this month and signed by Marcin and Linde, members of the Betty MacDonald Fan Club.  MacDonald's book that referenced her grandmother, Gammy, was written in the 1940s.  Who knew she was still being read (by anyone other than myself)?  I think that is so cool, and even cooler that MacDonald and her Gammy have an active fan club.  Coolest of all is that somehow (how?!) they found my blog and made the effort to write a comment.  Right on, and write on!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Beyond cool. I have an idea of "how," but I'm not sure. I have an author friend who gets an alert from Google, or some unknown techie source, that tells her when her name (or perhaps other key words) are used in an article. So maybe "Gammy," or "Betty MacDonald," or "The Egg and I" have been set up to "ping" in some faraway technology land, and the fan club members just got "pinged" (even though it should have happened in February of 11). Perhaps they WILL write on!