Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Revere and Me

"The WWOOFers are coming!  The WWOOFers are coming!"  I feel I should be wearing a tricorner hat as I send out the news.  This time it is "one if by land," as Heather is coming to spend the day.  I understand she is from upstate New York and is traveling alone.  It has always been a fun day for me when the WWOOFers come to learn to make cheese and milk goats.  For them, it is a day off from their chores at Bell Ranch.  Most of yesterday was spent making a big pot of posole (pork, hominy and chili soup/stew), so big that Camille came for dinner last night.  We barely put a dent in it.  I hope Heather is hungry!  California is showing off for this east coast guest as the temperature has dropped significantly in the past few days; it's actually chilly this morning.  Between the posole and a trip into town, I'm a bit behind in my prep for today and I've still got to get the trash down to the big road.

No comments: