Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The White Rabbit

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!"  This statement by the White Rabbit seems to be my theme song.  My mind is filled with ambition and plans; it's the rest of me lacking in follow-through.  One day of push hard is followed by do nothing.  Unfortunately, yesterday was one of the "do-nothing" days; doubly unfortunate because company is arriving today.  It reminds me of a time years ago when I was leaving work early because an appraiser was coming to look at the house and I wanted to get it spiffed up.  One of my coworkers said, "What are you worried about?  You have a pig living in the house!"  That was when Louie, the pot-belly, was little and before he moved outside.  In Louie's (and my) defense, he was potty-box trained.  Hopefully, Richard and his daughter Heidi will take into account the country conditions and give me a pass.  Or not.

Ginger remains at large.

UPDATE:  6:54 a.m., 9/22/14, 87,592 acres, 7,388 personnel, 35% contained.  Sounds like they're finally getting a hold on the dragon.

Things to do, places to go, even if it's only down the rabbit hole!

No comments: