Monday, April 5, 2021

Different

Jealousy is not an emotion I indulge, but I'll admit to a twinge yesterday.  My neighbors had a large gathering with a lot of kids laughing and cheering.  PPM (poor pitiful me) was taken back to "the good old days" when our Easters were just like that...egg hunts and competitions and laughter...oh, how I miss the laughter.  Even were it not for the Covid, it will never be like that again.  Kids grown up, grandchildren gone, traditions gone by the wayside.  Drat.  All good memories, though.

I'm trying to gear up for Friday.  Even though I wake early, my mornings are spent leisurely at the computer and I ease into the day.  Michael always sleeps in late, so we're on the same schedule.  Stan, my generous transport, will be here at 6:30 so Michael will get his morning walk in the dark.  I wonder how that's going to go.  Camille offered and I accepted, so he will get another walk around noon.  There's not a lot for a guy to do in P'ville, so I'm going to suggest to Stan that he go to Poor Red's in El Dorado...a good, upbeat place for lunch, and they have outdoor seating.

There's fog out there this morning.  Nice it held off for the holiday.  After the lovely days of this last week, the overcast sky is certainly a change.

Ah, well.  Nothing stays the same.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: