Sunday, April 11, 2021

Not Forgotten

Something I didn't  mention yesterday is something precious I hold in my heart.  When Stan was ready to  leave here after our hospital sojourn, masked, both with inoculations, we hugged.  Not only is Stan a great, heartfelt hugger, it has been so long since I've had a hug that I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to be in the arms of someone dear and how life-affirming that is.  Love can be felt at a distance, but there's nothing like the up-close-and-personal of the real thing.

I've seen an uptick in the number of ground squirrels bounding or racing across the yard lately.  What I'd not forgotten, but had not heard for awhile was the monotonous vocalizations of either Yip Yip or Shaddup.  They were on duty yesterday.  They've not been missed.

Here's to a time when hugs are everywhere.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I feel so fortunate that a handful of healthy friends and relatives have been hugging me since last May when we personally felt it was safe. I have felt such a tug at my heartstrings that you have missed out on that from your kids especially. Good for you and here's to many more.