Friday, April 16, 2021

On The Road Again

Not that I want to, but I'm hearing Willie Nelson's theme song (1980) again.  Today I'm off to see, not the Wizard, but the cardiologist for the second time this week.  I should have read the fine print about guarantees because it seems I'm right back at the start after that briefly successful hospital procedure.  Ratchafratch..  It's discouraging because I'm feeling ever so much better and have lost all of the edema that was causing so many problems.  Ah well...one step forward and two steps back.  Onward is the word of the day.

This doctor does not permit dogs, even such well-behaved dogs like Michael, ro accompany patients, so Michael will once again hear, "You stay.  I'll be back."  Not his favorite phrase, nor mine.  He is a Support Dog to the nth degree and I've come to depend on his calm demeanor.

Looking back in memory and in photos, I realize Celeste is a little quirky, even for a cat.  She has a real thing for dogs.  So many times I would find her curled up next to Bessie Anne.  She's not as physical with Michael, but when we come back after one of our walks, she is inside crying for him and has to touch noses when we get in the door.  I don't know how Michael feels about this cross-species affection, but he accepts it.  It's not in Michael's nature to offend anyone.

It's just getting light and this is an early morning appointment, so I'd best get moving.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Praying that all went well...or that they have a plan!