Saturday, April 3, 2021

Near Miss

 

It was only a week or so ago that I posted a picture of this then leafless oak, and now look at it.  Michael and I were enjoying the morning sunshine when I looked up and around.  I'm still wearing a jacket in the house, but outdoors, it's spring.  I'm all for it.

In the afternoon, my ever-present companion and I usually sit on the porch, and lately we've not been alone.  My totems, the lizards, appear seemingly out of nowhere to join us.  They climb on the stacked firewood or just hang out on the cement nearby and show no fear even when Michael or I change positions.  There can be four or more at a time.  These guys range from tiny two-inchers to the big six-inch ones.  I know it's strange, but I find them somehow comforting.  As totems go, they could be worse.

Helper Dude said he's going to be bringing me some of his mother's ranch eggs, fresh from the coop.  I've got to make a trip to the grocery store because I'm out of cheese (and a lot of other stuff) and I've been thinking about a quiche.  Haven't made one in years, but you know how it is when an idea takes hold.

Here's to another beautiful day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: