Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Blow Hard

Boy, did we ever have some wind the other day!  It was one of those days when the constant thought was save the trees, save the trees.   Up here on the crest of the hill, we get wind especially hard so it wasn't an idle thought.  Luckily, no damage was done and we didn't lose electricity, another concern.  Let's just say Michael and I didn't spend much time out on the porch.

We've also had a tremendous drop in temperature, enough that I've had to hunt up the bean bag to heat in the microwave and wear an 'outside' jacket indoors all day.  I'm not complaining!  The cats are once again piled on my lap and on each other and Michael seeks patches of sunlight.  Acorns are dropping like mini-bombs.  If Michael and I weren't confined to the porch, we'd have to wear safety helmets.

I've unexpectedly had a burst of housework ambition and have been busy with that which should have been done, and wasn't.  Dusting, of course, has been saved for last.  As I've said, aversion to dusting is an inherited trait.  My mother said that was the reason she had girls, so they could do her bidding for that chore.  My boys weren't so lucky.  I was an equal-opportunity mother.

Nature is stretching her seasonal muscles, what with the wind and the cold.  It's light enough now to see that it's going to be a grey, overcast morning.  Who knows what she''ll come up with for the afternoon.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: