Friday, October 22, 2021

Can't Get There

Just doing a little proactive investigation yesterday, I called to see what the possibilities were of "public" transportation.  I haven't driven since before the Caldor fires and don't even know if the truck will start.  Florence has been so generous with her time, but I don't want to take advantage.  What I found out was, "You can't get there from here."  The biggest service in the area, Dial-A-Ride, does not come out as far as Fair Play.  If I could get a ride as far as the little bridge on Bucks Bar, they could pick me up there.  If I could get a ride that far, I wouldn't need them at all, now would I?  The only other service, a private concern, would charge me a measly eighty dollars! for a round trip.  Personally, I find that rather prohibitive.  It would behoove me to get out there and check on Truck, and to stay in Florence's good graces.

It was a blustery start yesterday morning, and today is a rerun.  By afternoon, it was warm and the sky was blue.  Michael and I spent quite a bit of time out on the porch.  The forecast is not so good today, nor for the days ahead.  It's hard to imagine, but we're supposed to get five inches of rain in one day soon.  Yikes!

True to form, not much if anything got done yesterday.  The day before wore me out.  I'm starting to think about lighting up Stove, if not for warmth, to take away the dampness that seeps in during a rainy stretch.  It's pretty obvious I'm not going anywhere.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I don't know if you have the Medicare supplemental insurance, or if perhaps Medicare covers it, but many plans will come and take you to doc appointments. Not sure if they would come that far, but I didn't know if you had checked that avenue for medical rides.