Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Oatmeal Day

Yesterday was one of those days that provided no blog fodder.  Nothing to complain about, nothing exciting, no accomplishments, great or small.  Like a bowl of oatmeal without raisins...nothing to surprise the palate or spark the imagination.  That is not to say it was a bad day...it's nice to hit a smooth stretch of road without potholes once in awhile, and I really like oatmeal (but I prefer it with raisins).  We've caught another break in the weather, and it was cool enough for a blanket last night.  One of the great things about life is that each day is a blank page, each morning is a new opportunity...one just never knows what that day will bring to the story.

What I do know is that today is Tuesday...trash day...and I'd best get moving before I miss that opportunity!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

After having read of your daily adventures, I'd say that you deserve an oatmeal day every once in a while...and I'm glad that the milder weather I sent up from the dreary So Cal coast, gave you a respite (Hope I used that correctly.) from the dog days...and nights!!

Cally Kid said...

So, OK. I did have thoughts about squirrel stew and fresh out of season venison but I knew that Diane was not to the point of totally living off the land. Instead I knew she viewed them as family and not dinner. But...squirrel,bacon and homefries...not a bad way to start the day..and venison marinated in fresh local plums right off the tree...ummm sweeeeeeeeeet. As for the oatmeal...dress it up with prunes.