Saturday, July 31, 2010

Too Early

Yesterday's activities were just too good to keep to myself or wait until morning to write them down, and so I must say that, at six-thirty, nothing of note has happened today...yet.  I do need to respond to Mark's comment.  Short of strapping on a holster and pistol or wrapping myself in a bandolier and slinging the rifle over my shoulder and going armed at all times, I'm pretty much stuck with the status quo (gun being where I'm not).  Also, it's the danged coyote's fault...she/he/it has always shown up at the north end of the house (where the rifle is).  This time it was on the east side (where the rifle isn't).  I think the neighbors find me strange enough as it is...were I to load up with ammo and go armed to the teeth, I can imagine their reactions.  I don't get a lot of company, but think it would be pretty intimidating, not to say unwelcoming, for my guests to see a rifle by my recliner. 

Typos or not, comments are always welcome!

The sun's just about full up...I wonder what today will bring....

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

OK, Kids of Bo...it is obvious what the next 3 gifts are that you need to give your mom...one rifle for each side of the house that is as yet unarmed...that way, there will be a gun for each compass direction of the house. Altho, I've been there, and it may be that the front door and the kitchen/deck door are the only 2 sides that need a gun, so you are in luck and maybe only one more is needed (although, a "pistol-packin'-mama" WOULD solve the problem). But hey, if yelling at the varmint can accomplish a momentary reprieve for both the hen and the coyote, it's not all bad! And I guess that proves you are SuperWoman for one more day..."More Powerful than a Locomotive!!!"

Cally Kid said...

LOL. I'm going to get you a big, drooping black mustache and a wide brimmed sombero to go with that picture of you in bibbies, a bandolier, a holster w/pistol and the rifle slung over your back. And oh, a bottle of good Reposado Tequila to help with the volume of yelling at the coyote. "Hey You Stinkin Gringo Cayot, yu gunna git shoot as suun as I finysh dis taqila!"