Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Whine

I did say during winter while I was complaining about the rain and the cold that it was just the preliminaries for the whining I would do during the summer.  Yesterday I was just heat stupid...rising temperatures seem to lower my eyelids, and I dozed off and on most of the day.  That was just fine with Bessie Anne, who only moved from one cool(er) spot to another.  At some point during the night, because it didn't cool off at all, I got up and turned on the window A/C that the Kids installed for me a while back.  If it's over 100 again today, we may hole up in the bedroom all day.

We will all be glad when Pearl's incision finally heals, I can take the stitches out, and she can be free!  And quiet...she can quit her incessant yammering, and be quiet.  All night long she told me over and over, sometimes patting my face because I wasn't paying attention, just how awful it's been.  Ah, well.  I guess if I can complain, she can too.

I'm afraid to say this too loud, but I haven't seen the coyote for days now.  I'm thinking, without any empirical proof, that it was a bitch coyote (gender, not judgement) that had whelped her litter in my woods, and now she's rejoined the pack.  I think this because it was a single coyote, and it's usually the beastie boys running the hills and hunting together.  Just in case, the rifle still sits at the ready on the deck.

2 comments:

Cally Kid said...

Could it have been the site of you niked on the deck with 22 in hand while waiting for your bibbies to dry that may have frightened her off? Now begs the question...the recognition of a gun or....? And oh, by the by, I'm wasn't aware their was a difference in the gender and judgement. Sure glad I live outside the range of your rifle!

Kathryn said...

Mark, you and Diane make a good comic relief team - THANKS! I do love to grin and let my imagine run away!! And Diane/Bo...did you have any cheese and crackers with that whine??