Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happy Ending

Finally, some good news to report.  Pete was released from the hospital last evening.  There had been some setbacks and complications, with the specter of a second surgery looming but avoided.  I know we all slept better last night.

While waiting all day to hear news from down south, preparations for Thursday moved ahead slowly here.  The wind that had piled leaves on the porch had really done me a favor by blowing the parking area and entry walkway completely clear of the ankle-deep drifts, saving me the effort of raking them away.  The porch had needed washing anyhow.  I never realized until Larry sided the house that houses get dusty on the outside too; dusting being my inexorable nemesis.

My mind has been elsewhere this past week and not actively gathering blog fodder.  Let's just say my Thanksgiving Day came early this year.  It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh, best news of all. Now that clears the way for a truly thankful Thanksgiving! And I so agree about houses getting dusty. We had our power-washed last week. How come I never noticed "dusty" houses when I was younger???