Sunday, November 3, 2013

I'm Not Alone

I seem to have companions in my move to the State of Confusion.  First off, I thought we changed clocks on Sunday night, not Saturday, so my bedside clock said the usual 5 a.m. when I awoke.  Fired up the computer on the way to make coffee; came back to find it said 4-something.  Huh?  Checked the cell phone.  It agreed with me and my clock that it was 5-something (time was flying).  By then, I didn't know who or what to trust.  Turned cell phone off and back on.  Nope, still 5 and some change.  Then, right before my very eyes, the 5 became a 4.  I think the cell phone people didn't look at the calendar or their clock either.  The goats, sheep, and chickens are on my side:  when the sun is up, it's day; when the sun goes down, it's night, and none of us knows what day it is.  (Must remember to put in a change-of-address card for all of us.)

I put those few walnuts rolling around in the sack back where they'd come from and traded that excuse for hauling wood up to the porch.  The wagon had been getting harder and harder to pull and I didn't know why.  The tires looked okay but when I checked, they were squooshy.  When did that happen?  There is a small air compressor out in the barn.  Risking Thing's ire by invading his territory, I turned it on and filled the tires.  What an amazing difference!  The bouncy tires rolled instead of my having it pull it like a sled.  Note to self:  check tires more frequently.  I did not completely fill the porch rack; I may need that excuse again.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I know how you and the animals hate the change, so the confusion is well-founded. Sorry 'bout that!! And yay for compressors and bouncy wheels!