Monday, November 25, 2013

I Love A Parade

I don't have to wait for Thursday to watch a Thanksgiving Parade.  These are just a few of the participants that came marching through yesterday.  All that is missing is the oompah band.

Ratty Rita is just the most pathetic-looking creature, especially on a chilly morning.  I suspect mites may have played a part, as well as the ordinary moult, in her denuded condition.  She is getting a bit of fluff on that part my Daddy used to call the pope's nose.

Bessie Anne is putting a lot of faith in Pearl.  Having watched Bess poke around a number of times in Pearl's cat bed in the living room, I waited until both girls were out of the house and went to check.  Sure enough, under the cushion there was that chunk of milk bone I'd brought home from the feed store.  Bessie evidently trusts that Pearl will protect it and not eat it.  I'm not sure how Pearl feels about a lumpy bed.  I may have to put up a sign, "Guard Cat On Duty."

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Yep, I'd say Rita is aptly named. Tell that girl to put some clothes on...she looks just like something I've seen wrapped in plastic in the meat case!! And I'm glad you have solved the mystery of the missing milk bone...Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys for sure, with a title like that!