Wednesday, November 13, 2013

New Nosy, Noisy Neighbors

Two blonds with poofy "big hair" have moved in next door.  We've not been introduced.  Our first encounter was a Kodak moment, and there I was without a camera.  Running a bit late, I was rushing to let the Silkies into their pen when Bessie Anne gave a short warning woof.  I looked up to see two alpacas at the nearby fence line, staring at Bess like they'd never seen a dog in their life; well, not a unique dog like Bessie.  Bess is familiar with the llama, the horses, and the occasional cow next door, but the alpacas were something different, and she moved closer and stared right back.  As I went about my chores, I heard that now-familiar screech of a cranky alpaca.  It must be idiosyncratic of the species (I'd hoped the bad attitude and bad language were limited to Frick and Frack).  I later learned that Frick and Frack have returned to their original farm, much to Camille's relief.  Frieda and Fern (I have no idea of their real names) came from that same alpaca herd and, in fact, one of the girls is the daughter of Caspian, he of the gnarly teeth.  Frieda and Fern paced along the fence line, following my every move and keeping an eye on Bess.  Neighborhood Watch has taken on a new meaning.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Heck, I don't even see a sparrow or a hummingbird, and now you have alpacas???? Man, you get all the fun!!