Thursday, August 14, 2014

Doesn't Take Much

I was having one of those "blues and blahs" days that everyone gets now and then.  Forcing myself to do something productive is one way to overcome negative feelings.  Going through the dining room on my way to do something else, I noticed that a sheet of paper towel had fallen to the floor under the table.  As I bent to pick it up, Ralph zinged past me and grabbed it, pulling it to the other room.  My house looks like a daycare center at all times, with kitty and dog toys scattered about.  Now I've got real trash in the living room too.  Ralph would fling the paper into the air, run underneath as it fell, roll with it wrapped around his head, all the while making his happy "Brrp brrp" noises.  That cat entertained himself for the longest time, making me laugh out loud.  He made me think of the little kids who would rather play with the wrapping paper instead of the gift inside the box.  Ralph is a living example that it doesn't take much to be happy, and I'd rather leave the paper towel there and explain it than take it away from my cat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We talk a lot about the value of the dollar and the joy and challenge that mindful spending can bring. From Ralph's perspective you are sinfully rich; so rich that you have rolls and rolls of sheets of yummy paper and can carelessly let them drift away where ever.