Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thin Lizzie and Me

"The Boys Are Back In Town" played in my head all day yesterday, albeit a few days prematurely.  Clay had already made plans to come up and Dave informed me in the morning that he and a couple of Freed Spirits buddies would also be arriving on Tuesday.  They've all got projects planned, and may include planting the mulberry tree on the list; lucky me!  My job will be to feed 'da boys;' my pleasure, as always.  They put in a request for what has become their traditional bacon, egg, cheese, and onion sandwiches.  I'll need to restock the larder today.

Ralph wakes up in a feisty mood.  He romps across the bed in the dark a few times to make sure Bess and I are awake.  He zings up and down the hall while I make coffee, ambushing Bessie and Celeste from around corners as they grump into the kitchen.  He was particularly pesky this morning, to the point that Celeste took him on in the bathroom behind me, wrestling and growling, a real cat fight.  Bessie Anne lies in the knee-hole of my desk with her head on my feet when I'm at the computer.  Evidently the cats got on her last nerve today because she bolted out and broke up the battle, not letting Ralph even come back into the bedroom.  Quiet reigns once more and Bess is back to warming my toes.  Celeste has gone back to sleep in her little cat hammock.  Ralph is down the hall somewhere, nursing hurt feelings and probably planning a coup.

And so our day begins.

No comments: