Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Flip The Page

Obviously, I don't pay enough attention to calendars, but I like them just the same.  I like getting a new, clean calendar each year.  I like transferring birthdays and anniversaries.  I use the calendar to tally income from milk and eggs.  It's not formal bookkeeping, but it is documentation.  The calendar is my record of social engagements.  Funny, but each time the Kids some up, singly or in groups, there is always an exclamation point:  Deb and Craig here!, Clay here!, Dave and Jester here!  Other guests are just as welcome, but it's my Kids who make my heart race.  Like the back pages in an old bible, the calendar is where I record births and deaths of family, friends, and animals, and pause to think of each one as I turn from month to month.  Writing the daily blog, I don't journal as I used to in bound books, but a few words scribbled on a dated square are a reminder of good times and the other kind, as well.  The events of an entire year are condensed into twelve pages.  Memories at the flip of a page.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

And NO digital calendars can compare!!!