Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wheels On the Bus

"Wheels on the bus go round and round...."  The cats have hatched a nefarious after-dark plot.  Thwarted in their attempt to push me off the bed at night and not satisfied with nailing down the blanket, they're trying a new tactic.  I went to sleep in the middle of the bed, parallel to the edge.  I woke up on the diagonal, head almost dangling over.  I could be wrong but, if this continues, they will spin me around until my head is at the foot with my feet on the pillow.  Exhausted from their nighttime endeavors, Celeste lies sleeping across my lap and Ralph is snoring on the bed behind me.  I will not give in to temptation, but I know what I feel like doing.  Heh heh heh.

Instead of going around and around in circles as is my wont, yesterday's efforts were spent in the round room, starting at the counter and cleaning everything as I turned.  The largest portion of "pigabilia" is in there and moving and dusting multiple dozens of miniature piggies is no small feat.  Pig photographs and paintings hang on the walls and a pig wind chime hangs from the ceiling.  Thirty or forty stuffed pigs look down from a high shelf.  Facing that room is daunting, and I'm usually daunted into ignoring the whole thing.  I'm pleased that I got around my own attitude and the round room is polished and shiny.

Making the rounds at dusk last night, I'd put the big girls to bed and was on my way out of the pen when I glanced to the west and caught the very last round curve of the sun as it dropped below the horizon.  It was gone by the time I reached the gate.

I'll have to wait until tonight to see what spin the cats will put on me.  Is it any wonder I wake up laughing?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

As I recall, when you got your two kitties, they were meek and mild and you regretted missing out on the kitten phase. Seems like they have paid you back in spades!! And U ROCK for conquering the "Piggy Parlor!"