Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Drifting

It is possible to be antsy and aimless at the same time.  I think I've diagnosed the problem as Spring Fever and I had a bad case yesterday.  It was such a beautiful day, too nice to stay indoors very long, but I lacked the ambition to tackle any big outdoor jobs and so Bess and I wore out the door hinges going back and forth.  We both played the In-Again Out-Again Flannigan game.  On the deck, we were joined by a number of lizards of varying sizes, all doing calisthenics in the sun.  Pulling a few weeds here and there justified (in my mind) wandering about in the yard.  Washing dishes and waving a dust rag around seemed punishment enough for staying inside.  We toted trash down to the big road.  Celeste was not happy with me as I didn't sit long enough for her to settle in my lap.  She'd just get comfortable and shut her eyes and I'd think of some other piddly chore and get up.

The sun is drifting, too.  In the photo of just a few days ago, taken from nearly the same vantage point and about the same time, the sun was to the left of those three pines on the distant hill.  As I've said before, I've never been so aware of the earth's rotation as I am up here.

Time is the only cure for Spring Fever.  I hope it was only a 24-hour bug as I really should focus today.  Or not.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I think I'd rather have Spring Fever than any other kind of fever...but I suppose if ya gotta focus and get things done, then it's not so good. Hope it was a good day!