Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Proof Positive

I really don't need proof that there are nice people in the world.  I took the hose fitting with me to the feed/general store and asked Dave, the sometimes gruff and grizzled proprietor, for the next size smaller.  He listened to my tale of woe and said, "You don't need a different size.  You got the right one right here."  He explained that I needed to soak the cut end of the hose in hot water to soften it and the fitting should slide right on.  He could have shut his mouth and taken my money.  I had gotten to the store at the very last moment and the feed storage building was already shut down.  Patrick saw me drive up.  "Am I too late, Patrick?"  "I'll open up for you anytime."  Nice people.

Proof that spring is here is obvious every morning now.  If I sleep in until 5:30, the sky is light enough to see by.  That's a bit alarming because I've been waking up in the dark for months and get panicky when it's light out, thinking I'm way late.  Daylight Saving Time is hard enough to deal with.  On the other end of the day, the girls aren't put to bed now until almost 8 o'clock.  Because I was late getting to the store, I was late getting to the barn and coops.  Ginger was in a dither, thinking I'd forgotten about her, and was pacing back and forth in front of the gate.  Why she can get out of the pen and not back in is a mystery to me.

Sunset last evening gave me the opportunity to prove that my cell phone is back in working order.  Sometimes the beauty takes my breath away.

It was Pete's (my middle son) birthday, so it was an especially good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Pete! And yay for Dave and Patrick!