Monday, December 7, 2015

On The Edge

"If you snooze, you lose," does not apply in my household.  I'd been sitting comfortably all by myself (for a change) last evening.  Getting up to check on something in the oven, I could not have been out of the room for two minutes, but when I came back this was all the space that was left for me.  Did these two members of the Furry Tribe work in collusion?  "Hurry up!  Get settled and shut your eyes.  She'll never notice us, and she certainly won't make us move."  Far be it from me to accuse Bess and Ralph of faking sleep, but I did raise four Kids so I wouldn't put it past them, either.  The Furries were right about one thing; I perched on the edge.  Do they know me, or what?

Christmas is looming on the horizon.  Like a storm sweeping up from the valley, the holiday will be here before I know it, and certainly before I'm ready.  (Story of my life.)  I'm at the stage of thinking about it, just on the edge of acting.  The Kids lead such busy lives with not much time for baking, etc., so for some years I've made up packages of homemade goodies at Christmas.  I tried a new recipe last night.  It had good flavor, but will need some tweaking before presentation.  At least it was a start, worth a couple of points but no seegar!

Maybe the Furries are trying to tell me to get off my butt and get going.  Or maybe they just want my warm chair.  Either way, I'm on the edge.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

You read my mind - I can just hear Bessie and Ralph talking to each other about hurrying up to take your spot. What a hoot!