Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Today's The Day

For three days I've been trying to get down to Folsom (and my enthusiasm for that trip can only be imagined), but something or other has come up that has prevented me from going.  Like it or not (not), today is the day.  A predicted substantial storm is due to blow in tomorrow.  If I didn't want to leave on a good day, I surely don't want to travel in the rain and I'm running out of time and excuses.

My milk customer is out of sync and really threw me a curve ball.  He usually comes on Monday, but last week said he'd be here on Wednesday (today), then called yesterday morning and said he'd be here later on.  Oh good grief.  I knew I'd not be able to get down the hill and back in time, so there went Plan A.

Left to my own devices (scary thought), I got caught up on some housework, including dusting(!), while waiting.  If that isn't an indicator of boredom and/or desperation, I don't know what is.  Looking around at gleaming furniture, etc., I thought, "Oh, what the heck," and started bringing in Christmas decorations.  Not a lot, mind you.  No sense going overboard, but wreaths are hung and the ceramic pig and goose are wearing Santa outfits.  Ho, ho, ho.  I'm not quite ready to face the arduous task of putting the Christmas tree together; I've yet to develop that degree of holiday spirit.

After Milk Guy came and went, it was still daylight so Bess and I made a run to the feed store.  It seemed prudent to get supplies on hand before the rains come.  It's hard enough to trundle the big bags down to the barn when the weather is good.

All things considered, it was a good day.

No comments: