Friday, December 18, 2015

Wading In Jell-O

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get."  (Lewis Carroll)  That's me as any deadline approaches.  I know better than to make a date for any earlier than noon.  With effort and the best of intentions, I can't get chores done and cleaned up and out of the house to meet anyone, and yesterday was no exception.  Just color me late and be done with it.  Linda had suggested 11 a.m., settled for 11:30, and I made it to Bones by 11:50.  After lunch, Cam and I followed Linda up to her new house.  It's a quirky house, with rooms and pop-outs added on here and there.  Loaded with potential, Linda will have projects to keep her from here to hell-won't-have-it.  It will be fun to see Linda, with inherent good taste, make this house her home.

Upon returning to my house, I found a voicemail message from Milk Guy saying he was on his way over.  He had said he was not coming for milk this week and I'd had no forewarning.  It was just fortunate that I'd saved a quart and a half that morning, else he'd have made the trip for nothing.  The hens have slowed down production.  I had 13 eggs, giving him a dozen and leaving me one.  Luckily, nothing I'm making for the holidays requires eggs or I'd be the one strictly out of luck.  I'll be darned if I'm going to buy store-bought.

With daylight waning, I put the girls to bed and called it a day.  Nothing accomplished, but some days are like that when you're wading in Jell-O, moving but not getting anywhere.

No comments: