Sunday, August 21, 2016

Bye-Bye, Fu!

Hello, Clay.  Goodbye, FuManchu.

Nothing makes me happier than to see one (or all) of my Kid's smiling faces coming through the door, and I was a happy woman yesterday.

There is a little backstory here:  I had bought John Dear, thinking that FuManchu had been destroyed in that shop fire.  Then Fu reappeared and I had two yard tractors.  Steve would have been thrilled, but for me that was overkill and I went on the hunt for a buyer.  My boys in the Freed Spirits have a big yard at their clubhouse and generously decided they could use a riding lawnmower, but needed a way to transport it.  That's where Clay and his trailer came in.  He was drafted.

In a conversation with Deb in the morning, I'd mentioned that I would need to show Clay Fu's quirky starting procedure so he could show the Freed Spirits when he delivered him/it.  She suggested making a cellphone video, and I did tell Clay but he opted not to do it.  The next-best thing was to have him start it by himself several times and hope for the rest.

It was great to spend the day with my Kid and hearing of his adventures on a recent vacation visiting friends in Mexico.  It was somewhat bittersweet, however, watching brave little FuManchu climb the ramp into the trailer.  John Dear and I haven't yet established a relationship.  Fu and I spent happy hours making left turn after left turn in the fields together.  I know he'll do a good job for the Freed Spirits.

My grin is going to be permanently pasted on my face because I found out Dave is coming up today.  Goodbye, Clay.  Goodbye, Fu.  Hello Dave!

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Nothing beats seeing the kids visit....and feeding them too...
Have a great Sunday..and it's not going to be AS HOT.