Saturday, August 27, 2016

That's Cool

Temps have been in the mid-to-low 80s the last couple of days and there has been a slight rise in ambition.  (It doesn't pay to get carried away with these things.)  A good portion of yesterday was spent watering; watering the pig (rose) garden, the herb garden, and all the pots on the deck.  Watering here is a rather lengthy process because of the well.  My well only draws about 4.5 gallons a minute and it needs time to replenish when I'm using a lot of water.  A leaking faucet can run it dry, as I've learned to my dismay.

Camille scored big on produce trimmings this week and was kind enough to share.  The chickens are happy, happy, happy!  The store had also thrown out a pineapple that had seen better days.  The topknot leaves were brown, but the fruit was still firm.  Hey, I'm not too proud and I'm here to say it was the best pineapple I've ever had.  And yes, I stole it from the chickens.

After weeks of needing the ceiling fan on and just a sheet on the bed, it was cool enough last night to put a blanket back on and leave the fan off.  Bess, Ralph, and Celeste also noticed and got right back in the practice of snuggling tight up against me.  Sure makes turning over and/or stretching out difficult, but I can't say I blame them.  Feel free to remind me of this when I'm whining about freezing this winter.  I'm cool with that.

No comments: