Monday, August 22, 2016

The Expected And The Other Kind

As expected, Dave's visit was great.  As it was with Clay the day before, one-on-one time with the Kids is special.

I am having coffee this morning in a souvenir mug from El Grullo, Jalisco, Mexico where Clay had gone on vacation.  He's given me other mugs for my morning brew from NASCAR events.  I have a large collection of such cups given by many, and making a choice is like having coffee with that friend or family member.

Many, many of my pigabilia items have been given by Dave.  He keeps his eyes open for the unusual and truly unique.  Yesterday he presented me with this cutie, a tiny yarn piglet.  At the moment, Piglet sits (and fits) on the handle of a wooden spoon.

What was not expected was to be awakened at 3:00 a.m. by thunder, lightning, and the sound of rain!  Rain?  Are you kidding me?  Thinking, "Oh goody, maybe I'll get to give John Dear a workout," I rolled over and tried to find space among the clustered cats and dog (they don't like thunder) to go back to sleep.  Crum!  Nothing for it but to get up, slip on a pair of shoes, find my keys and go out wearing my nightgown to move the truck over to the feed shed.  The weather being what it was, I'd not been in a hurry to put the bags of feed away.  It was a very light rain and I think I got the bags under cover before they were soaked.  As for me, it was quite refreshing and cool and made it easy to get back to sleep.

Of course, I overslept this morning.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Rain, huh? I wish it would put out the many fires, although there are none in the San Diego area that I know of. How great that you were able to see Clay and Dave separately but bunched, and piglet is a cutie.