Thursday, September 1, 2016

Minutiae

Production is up in the hen house.  Not only have I picked up two big brown eggs this week, yesterday there was a small white pullet egg, a contribution from Rhonda's sister.  I would like to credit Rhonda, but she was out on walkabout again.  I did, however, see her tucked into a hidey-hole in the feed barn, so maybe there's still hope.  It's about time these girls start earning their keep.

It's so easy to lose track of days when there is no weekend.  I was geared up to take the trash down to the big road yesterday and then Cam called.  I was a day late and a dollar short.  Again.

I watched "The Luzhin Defense" (John Turturro, Emily Watson, 2000) again for the umpteenth time.  I know nothing about chess, not having the mental capacity for the game, but I'm enthralled by the actors' performances in this sad, sad movie.

I also saw "Open Range" (Robert Duvall, Kevin Costner, 2003) this week.  I've seen it so many times I could quote the dialogue.  My dad loved westerns and I used to watch the old black-and-white movies on early TV with him with stars like Tim McCoy, Hopalong Cassidy (William Boyd), and Gene Autry.  I will watch anything and everything with Robert Duvall, but nobody does a western better.

We're enjoying a lovely break in the weather of late.  It's even supposed to go down into the 70s in a few days.  (I'd say the weekend, but then I'd probably miss it.)  It's not fall yet, but I can tell it's coming.

Nothing big and/or exciting (unless you count the pullet egg), but it was a good day.

No comments: