Monday, September 5, 2016

On The List

Maybe it's the changing seasons, who knows?  One excuse is as good as another for not doing that which needs to get done.  Camille and I were discussing our similar attitudes the other day as she showed me a current project that she has yet to start, with the last project still unfinished under the table.  I told her that I wake up every day thinking of all that I plan to accomplish and go to bed with little to nothing done.  It's demoralizing.  She said she found making a list helpful.  Umm, yes, in moderation.

I used to make lists, long lists, of everything that should be done.  I spent more time making lists than doing the work.  A list of everything was just overwhelming, so I quit that.  Now when I get a burst of ambition (don't hold your breath on that one), I make a three-item list.  That is definitely more realistic.  I made such a list yesterday and actually accomplished it all.  Flushed with success, I threw in a couple of more chores for good measure.  (Dusting wasn't one of them.)

Woke up in the middle of the night to the unmistakable sound of a cat yarking up a fur ball or some such.  Usually the quickest way to find the results is with bare feet in the dark of morning so I was treading very carefully today.  The sun is up now and I've hunted all over the bedroom, the closet, the hall, and the guest room.  I know I didn't dream it (who would dream of such a thing?), but I'll be darned if I can find anything.  The hunt will continue.  It's at the top of the list.

No comments: