Friday, February 24, 2017

Crazy Day

It had already started to melt off, but I awoke to about an inch of snow on the deck yesterday.  It wasn't supposed to snow until Sunday.  Surprise!

The sun came out and the day was bright, beautiful, and cold.  Fearing the possibility of black ice on the road, I waited until noon to go to the market.  What used to be a ten-mile, fifteen-minute trip up to Holiday, because of the sinkhole and having to take a detour, just one way took eighteen-plus miles and a half hour.

I was still unloading the truck when Beau drove up.  He'd bought the materials for the chicken-coop door, and set to work.  As we stood chatting for a minute, suddenly a cloud came over and snow started falling.  I know enough to stay out of a working man's way.  Besides, I had to get some wood up to the house and get a fire started.  There was evidently one last thing that Beau needed to do when he called it quits.  Standing on the porch, covered in snow, he said he'd be back today.

You know how it is when a menu gets stuck in your head?  I haven't made chicken-fried steak in years, but it sounded good to me and since I was at the store anyhow, I picked up the meat.  Steak, mashed potatoes, cream gravy...mmm!

It was a crazy weather day, for sure.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Your weather sounds like a chicken-friend steak day indeed! Glad that Beau is able to help out!