Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sun, No Heat

Minus the snow, yesterday was a repeat of the day before.  That is to say, cold.  Beau came to put a stop-block on the coop door.  Standing outside while he worked, even in direct sunlight I was chilled, and when the only big cloud floated in front of the sun, the temperature plummeted.  The rest of the clouds in a blue, blue sky looked like cotton balls on a stage set, hardly moving.

Not expecting anyone, it was startling when the doorbell rang in the afternoon.  Preferring to err on the side of caution, I peered out before opening the door and saw the "Wells-Fargo Wagon" (Fed-Ex) drive away.  There on the porch step was a care package from my friend Kit "to help with cabin fever."  Two kinds of English muffins and a jar of strawberry jam.  As they say, three guesses what I had for dinner and the first two don't count.  Warmth from friendship beats sunshine every day.

Clay is coming up today, so it's going to be another great day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Your Fiddletown friend has cabin fever so she got some too, and when she told me that Fed Ex guy arrived, I said, "The Wells-Fargo Wagon"...but I bet she might not know about Prof. Harold Hill and Marian the Librarian and River City!!!