Sunday, August 6, 2017

Break Dance

No, neither goats nor I were on our backs, spinning with feet in the air to hip-hop music, but we were all doing a happy dance yesterday because there was finally a break in the weather.    Boy, it did wonders for attitude.  There was some concern about humidity when there was a spattering of rain while down in the barn, but that really didn't become an issue because, wait for it, the deltas started kicking in.

After barn chores Bess and I had to make a quick run for more lay pellets.  Now I'm wondering if the dadratted ground squirrels aren't raiding the feeder in the hen house in addition to the milk bowl.  If the hens were eating all those pellets, they'd be waddling like ducks by now, I think.

We had to hurry home to start prepping for an early dinner with Pete.  I made that Chicken with Vinegar Sauce again just to make sure it was as good as I thought it was.  It was.  How pleasant to enjoy the company of my Kid and being able to sit out on the deck with a breeze blowing instead of wiping a constant stream of sweat.

There was a pretty spectacular sunset last evening, a fitting ending to a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

NOTHING like spending time with grown Kids. I'm SO happy for you...and for Pete!