Saturday, April 28, 2018

Bad Hair Day

Bessie Anne was dejected because she wanted to go out and I didn't jump up to do her bidding.  I'm not the only one in the house who says, "Sigh."

It has been said that the longer they live together, people and their dogs start to look alike.  It is true that Bessie and I are both pretty grey around the muzzle and we definitely have bad hair days.  We move a little slower, but have outbursts of enthusiasm and ambition now and again.  We like naps and treats and back rubs.  Since Bess was a sleek, short-haired, dark brown chocolate Lab-mix puppy when I picked her out at the animal shelter all those years ago, I guess it's she who did the morphing.

The delta breeze, wind coming in off the ocean that we long for in summer, kicked in yesterday and dropped the temperature to downright chilly.  I'll take it without complaint whenever the deltas blow, but I'll say they don't do much for one's hairdo.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I think Bess wins the prize for morphing. Isn't it funny...we expect it in humans, as I'm not surprised that my almost black-headed granddaughter at birth is now a curly light blonde...but Bess went above and beyond. What a fun trick, Bessie Anne!