Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Ralph In Charge

Why Celeste left one of the piglets in Ralph's care, I don't know.  He's a rather irresponsible babysitter, it seems.  Talk about falling asleep on the job.

The "Do Not Call" list does not appear to be in effect anymore.  Those dang robocalls are so annoying and are becoming more frequent.  I so appreciate caller ID on my phones; if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  Sometimes they leave a message, sometimes not.  I've received two disturbing messages in the last week, each slightly different but from the same man.  It's obviously a recording, but the caller refers to my stepson by name (I haven't seen him in 25 years), saying there are papers that, by law, he must sign and that he (the caller) is on his way.  The last I knew, Steve's son was living in Oregon.  He has never even been to Farview, so I can't imagine how his name became connected to my phone number.  Because of the vaguely threatening nature of these calls, I contacted the Sheriff's office simply to make them aware.  They actually sent a deputy out to listen to the message.  There is really nothing that can be done to stop these calls.  I would put Ralph on guard duty, but....

Other than that one burst of excitement, it was an uneventful day.  The rain that had been predicted was nothing more than a smattering on the windshield when Bess and I took the trash down to the big road.  Nothing left but clouds by the time the girls went to bed.

Nice to see you back, Kit.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Well what a surprise to read the last line. Thank you very much :-) And I dunno - if I were Ralph, I'd claim that I was a pretty good babysitter: Got the kid to sleep; remained in physical contact; and the kid didn't roll off the bed!!!