Sunday, April 29, 2018

Cool Down

It was bright and sunny in the morning and I made the mistake of putting on just a light, long-sleeved shirt over my tee-shirt to go to the barn.  There was no warmth in that sunshine and the deltas continued to blow.  Let's just say I didn't dawdle with the girls.

PBS is on track on Saturdays again with cooking shows back to back.  Even if I know I wouldn't care for a particular recipe, I feel I can always learn something new about procedure or technique.  It was years and years ago that I learned how to bang a head of lettuce on the counter to remove the core and not leave the edges to turn brown from a knife cut; something as simple as that.

It was a good day to stay inside.  I'd thought to perhaps get another yard mowed, but that chill wind made me rethink that plan.  The lowering sky at sundown was a pretty good portent of what today will be like.  Today's race will be at Talladega, famous for "the big one," so I have a ready-made excuse to stay indoors again.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I whacked a head of lettuce the counter just today!!! The quartz counter tops make it easy to just take one thwack!!!! Hope you warm up soon. We are already stating on May Gray, and it never got warm here either...relatively speaking!