Thursday, April 19, 2018

Give And Take

The day I wasn't feeling well, my live lap warmers took their places and I was grateful.  I was also happy that I have a camera phone to catch moments like this:  Celeste washing her brother's face.
And then, in the spirit of sibling love, Ralph returned the favor.  I love that he is hugging her.  It's nice when the kids get along.

It's good that the worst effects of my cold abated yesterday.  During Larry's call, he mentioned that a friend in Hawaii was visiting her boyfriend in Somerset and that she was a "goataholic" and really wanted to come visit my girls.  Any friend of Larry's....  He said she would call me.  Okay.  With the possibility of guests and not sure when, I couldn't sit on my duff and so got moving on housework, cold or no cold.  Marty (Martie, Marti, Marte; whatever happened to "common spelling"?) called sometime after twelve and said she and Levi would be over in an hour or so.  "Will you have had lunch?"  "Well, no."  It was a challenge to scramble through the freezer to find something to make a hot meal in an hour.  The rain had held off, but it was a cold, cold day.

Everything was ready to come out of the oven when Marty and Levi arrived so we were able to get acquainted at the table.  They were a very amiable couple and there was no "first meeting" strangeness.

And then we got to the purpose of their visit and went down to the goat pen.  The girls didn't disappoint and came right up to their guests.  As always, Tessie, the unicorn, needed an explanation.  Curious, the girls came to sniff the strangers and get petted.  They were particularly interested in Levi, probably because they don't see many males around here.

I'm happy that Marty got her goat fix and that I met new friends.  Runny nose and all, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Ah how nice. Sorry that you had to clean and cook when your runny nose probably wanted to "sit and sog," but it sounds like a great day. So...have have your heard of "Goat Yoga?" I just saw it on the news. Hmmm