Sunday, April 1, 2018

Big Day


I get a kick out of animal idiosyncrasies.  I've said that each of the goats has a different style.  Sheila is a head rubber, Inga likes a butt scratch, and Tessie...well, Tessie remains aloof.   Likewise, the cats have a preferred method of being petted.  Rambunctious Ralph surprisingly likes a soft, long stroke while Couch Potato Celeste wants to be "scrubbed."  Missy just wants to be touched, period.  I'm careful to use a light touch and a gentle hand with her because if she gets excited, she turns to nip.

Li'l Miss has claimed the barn as her own, and the girls will just have to deal with it.  Yesterday I was finishing chores in the back stalls and heard loud purring.  Everyone had finished breakfast.  I looked around for the cat but couldn't see her.  Missy was high up on a girder supervising and evidently pleased with my work.  (We all need approval.)

Good weather is holding on and I'm so glad.  The Kids won't have bad roads for their travels and I'll be able to leave the doors open.  Stove tells me he is starving, but he needs this temporary diet.  More rain is predicted for the end of the week so he won't go without for long.

There are always last minute tasks when company is coming, and I've got to get hopping (pardon the bunny reference).

Happy Easter!

No comments: