Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Minute To Minute

Maybe Nature was having a tantrum yesterday, I don't know, but she pulled out darned near everything from her bag of tricks.  The rain had stopped by the time I went down to the barn, that was a good thing.  The NASCAR race in Tennessee had been stopped on Sunday because of rain and started again on Monday (that always messes me up), so whatever I'd planned went up in smoke.  Bess asked to go out about the time I'd decided it was cold enough to light a fire, so I opened the door for her and gasped.  There were six deer grazing in the front pasture!  It's been a long time since I've seen so many at once.

I had no more fed Stove than it started hailing, a lot of hail, and the nuggets were as large as big peas.  When that stopped, it started snowing.  Big puffy flakes drifted down for more than an hour, covering the deck and the yards on top of the hail.  Shortly after that stopped, she washed it all away with another outburst of rain.  By the girls' bedtime, all that had stopped and the sun came out just in time to sink behind the horizon.  It was a cold, soggy walk down to the barn.

The sun is out this morning, but it's way down to freezing.  Nature changes her mind minute by minute.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sheesh...you got the potpourri of weather for SURE!! I feel for you and the kids.