Saturday, March 31, 2018

Really?!

I mentioned the other day that I'd not been able to find nondairy whipped topping and so had bought whipping cream, or what I thought was whipping cream.  Checking supplies, to my surprise I found what I'd picked up was half and half, decadent on cereal and in coffee, but useless for the Jell-O dish for Easter.  Crum.  Nothing for it but to go to the grocery store...again.  Shopping twice in a week could do a person in.  This time I did find the nondairy stuff (different store) so I won't harm the lactose-intolerant Kid, but realize that now the one who reads labels and eats pretty much au naturel food will probably turn away.  Didn't I say that cooking nowadays is a challenge?

Busy with one thing and another yesterday, I began to feel uncomfortable and hoped I wasn't coming down with something.  Then I began perspiring.  Oh no, bad timing for sure.  Silly me, it seems so long since it's been in the 70s that I'd left my heavy vest on after barn chores and what I was feeling was just plain hot!

In 1957, Jimmie Rodgers came out with a song called "Honeycomb," in which he sang, "...a hank o' hair and a piece o' bone."  Well, that's all that is left of Missy's toy.  I guess you take your fun where you find it.

The blue moon is flooding the early morning darkness with light.  It's so warm (relatively speaking) that a robe isn't necessary.  It's going to be a good day.

No comments: