Friday, March 30, 2018

Blue Moon

"Blue Moon," was written in 1934 by Rodgers and Hart, resurfaced in 1949, Elvis Presley recorded the ballad in 1954, and the Marcels turned it into doo-wop in 1961. In other words, it's been around a long time.

That song was playing in my head last evening as I finished putting the girls to bed because the moon rising is, in fact, a "blue moon," the second full moon in a calendar month.  This moon is just a fingernail breadth shy of being truly full.  That won't happen until tomorrow, the 31st, and a blue moon won't occur again until 2020.  "Once in a blue moon" refers to a rare occurrence, like me dusting.

Trudging on with housework, I took a break to go into the Black Hole again to find more beads and patterns for Deb.  What started as a trial project has turned into an obsession for her.  That apple didn't fall far from the tree.  I think I've pulled out all of the beading supplies, now I need to find someone for all the boxes of yarn and chests of material.  Then I can start on the closet in the spare bedroom where I put other craft supplies.  They say that admission is the start of recovery.  Okay, I'm an addict.  (I'm not ready to give up my paints and brushes.)

It was a good day.

No comments: