Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sleepy Time Gal

("Sleepy Time Gal," 1925 song, Manhattan Dance Makers)

There was a big gap between the plan and the deed yesterday.  While there was much that needed doing, what did I do?  I slept.  Responsible to no one, it is certainly not uncommon for me to take a nap at any time during the day, usually for a half hour.  It's one of the luxuries of being retired.  What was unusual this time was that I didn't wake up until after 5 p.m.!  Bessie Anne must have needed a long rest, too, because she normally tells me several times a day when she wants to go out, regardless of what I'm doing.  This was the sky as I dashed out the door to put the goats to bed and feed Missy.  She's getting very good about not biting, by the way.

You'd have to be of a certain age to remember the early days of television when there were "rabbit ears" antennae, sometimes wrapped with aluminum foil, that had to be positioned just so to get reception for all three channels that were available then.  I was reminded of them last evening when I saw the cat ears perfectly tuned to the TV.
Ralph stayed on duty, but Celeste curled up for a nap.  I couldn't see them, but I rather think that Ralph's eyes were closed, too.

After a day-long snooze, I thought I'd be up all night.  Nope.

I guess it was a good day.  I wouldn't know.  I was sleeping.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I, too, am getting really good at my daytime napping on/in my recliner couch! Because 3 days a week I have a deadline (children's naps), I set my phone timer...but I still get a lovely, long nap if I start early enough!!!