Monday, March 5, 2018

Cold Start

There is a saying, "Cold hands, warm heart."  Perhaps that applies to Nature, as she's giving us mornings down in the 20s. but then relents and afternoons are close to 50.  That's doable.  It allows me to conserve firewood.  When low temps are sustained, Stove can gobble up a wagon load a day.  It's always a race to see if winter or wood is going to win.

By the time the girls had had their breakfast, nearly all the snow had melted away.  When the race started (NASCAR Sunday) there wasn't a vestige left.  It was too nice a day, but when you're a committed fan, you're stuck inside.  Sigh.

Missy and I are going to have a talk.  She so wants petting and purrs loudly, but then turns to grab and nip my hand.  Unfortunately, biting to show affection is a cat trait.  Being winter, I've got gloves on and she does no harm, but come warmer days I won't have that protection.  We're having training sessions now.

We're in the process of changing seasons.  Sunrise is earlier and sundown is later.  One of these days whoever is in charge is going to change to Daylight Savings Time and the goats and I will get thrown into a tizzy.  Aarrgh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

It USED to be the first weekend in April and the last weekend in October when we switched on and off Daylight Savings Time, but sheesh...it's THIS WEEKEND. So we get just a hint of sunshine at 6 am here, and then it is taken away from us. But I don't have animals or small children...so I feel for you!!