Friday, March 2, 2018

Country Life

Oh man, we had some hellacious wind yesterday.  What started out in the dark o' morn as bad turned into worse.  Up here on the top of the hill, we got battered.  My sit-on-the-deck bench got moved here, there, and everywhere.  Rain blew sideways onto the porch and soaked the pile of firewood.  Sigh.  It rained, but snow held off until after dark and I'd put the kids to bed.

And then it snowed.  As far as snow goes, it wasn't a lot, but the wind packed the satellite dishes to the TV and computer and it didn't melt off until 10 this morning so I was without either.  The couple of icy inches on the ground made for an exciting slip-and-slide trip to the barn.  Missy had gotten tired of waiting and was on the lookout in the milking (feeding) room.  She spooked Tessie big-time when she made her way through Tessie's room back to "her" stall.  "Where were you?  Don't you know we're starving down here?"  No one can give you grief like a cat.

Bless my Kids for checking in with me this morning.  "Yes, I'm fine.  It's all good."  It's nice to know they've got my back just in case.

What are ya gonna do?  That's country life.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Wow, I'm just now reading this and it sounds a bit wicked! Keep your powder dry!!